Blackboard for Faculty
Blackboard is an online course delivery system where faculty can post announcements, course syllabi, assignments or other information for your students. Essentially, it is a mobile classroom that is accessible anywhere you have an Internet connection, so you can post assignments, communicate with your students and grade papers even if you are not on campus. Remember that Blackboard is operated by University Technlogy Services at USC Columbia. You can find tutorials and contact information for the UTS service desk in the Support section.
- Send important course-related announcements/communication
- Grade papers
- Publish course-related videos and lectures
- Post assignments and tests online
- Communicate with students
- Post direct links to library information and databases
- Upload course-related documents and syllabi
- VoiceThread. See here for more information
All faculty and staff.
This service is free to any faculty or staff member at USC Upstate.
- Windows 7 or newer (PC)
- Mac OS X 10.5 or newer (Apple)
- Internet access
- See here for web browser requirements
To use Blackboard you must obtain your USC network username and password, which is different from your USC Upstate login, by following the instructions here.
- Click on the following link: manage user account
- If you don't know your password, click "Forgot Password"
- If you don't know your username, click "Forgot IDs"
- Once you have created a new password you should be able to login to Blackboard through the "Quick Links" section of the USC Upstate homepage or by going directly to https://blackboard.uscupstate.edu
- Once successfully logged in, you will see your "My USC" screen with a list of all the courses you take or teach.
- Remember: your Blackboard password will expire every six months and must be reset using the steps above.
Staying in Contact
- How do I reset my Blackboard password in Self Service Carolina?
- How do I confirm or correct my Blackboard email address?
- How do I customize my email and activity stream notifications in Blackboard to highlight only the emails that matter to me?
Using Blackboard Collaborate Video Conferencing
Turning in Assignments and Getting Feedback
- How do I use the Calendar to see upcoming due dates?
- How to I submit an assignment or upload a file in Blackboard?
- How do I contribute to a discussion forum?
Accessibility and Viewing/Listening to Alternative Formats of Course Content
- How do I download course files in more accessible formats or have Blackboard read a file to me?
- Ally Accessibility Checklist
- Ally Communication & Adoption Toolkit
- Quick Overview of Blackboard Updates for Spring 2020
- On Demand Learning Center
- More support tutorials can be found on the Blackboard website
If you require more in depth support please contact the USC service desk at 803-777-1800. They will be offering 24/7 Blackboard support while all classes are being held off campus.