Home Campus Services Division of Information Technology Service Directory Blackboard for Students
blackboard for students
Blackboard is an online course delivery system where your instructors may post announcements, course syllabi, assignments or other information. Essentially, it is a mobile classroom that is accessible any where you have an Internet connection, so you can take full advantage of your education even if you are not on campus.
- Blackboard now has VoiceThread installed, allowing you to share content in a variety of formats. See here for more information
- Important course-related announcements/communications
- Review your grades
- Access course-related videos and lectures
- Submit assignments and take tests online
- Communicate with instructors and classmates
- Access direct links to library information and databases
- Access to course related documents and syllabi
- All students who are currently enrolled or have taken classes in the past year
This service is free to any student at USC Upstate.
- Windows 7 or newer (PC)
- Mac OS X 10.5 or newer (Apple)
- Internet access
- One of the following web browsers: Internet Explorer 11+ or Edge 20+ (Windows only), Firefox 31+, Google Chrome 36+, Safari 6+ (Mac only)
To use Blackboard you must obtain your USC network username and password, which is different from your USC Upstate login, by following the steps below:
- Click on the following link: manage user account
- If you have not claimed your SSC account yet, click on "Account Claiming". Otherwise, choose one of the other options below
- If you don't know your password, click "Forgot Password"
- If you don't know your username, click "Forgot IDs"
- Once you have created a new password you should be able to login to Blackboard through the USC Upstate homepage or by going directly to https://blackboard.uscupstate.edu
- Once successfully logged in you will be presented with your "My USC" screen with a list of all your courses on the right side.
- Remember: your Blackboard password will expire every 6 months and must be reset in SSC using the steps above.
Staying in Contact
- How do I reset my Blackboard password in Self Service Carolina?
- How do I confirm or correct my Blackboard email address?
- How do I customize my email and activity stream notifications in Blackboard to highlight only the emails that matter to me?
- How do I email my classmates or instructor from within Blackboard?
Using Blackboard Collaborate Video Conferencing
- How do I join a class session my professor is hosting in Collaborate?
- How do I create my own session to collaborate with classmates?
- How do I record my own session in Collaborate?
- How do I view a recorded session from my professor or my classmates?
- Tell me more about Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
Turning in Assignments and Getting Feedback
- How do I use the Calendar to see upcoming due dates?
- How do I view my grades and feedback, including instructor comments, rubrics, in-line comments on my files, SafeAssign Reports, and grades?
- How to I submit an assignment or upload a file in Blackboard?
- How do I contribute to a discussion forum?
Accessibility and Viewing/Listening to Alternative Formats of Course Content
- How do I download course files in more accessible formats or have Blackboard read a file to me?
- How do I receive accommodations for additional testing time or course material formats in Blackboard?
- Quick Overview of Blackboard Updates for Spring 2020
- Complete the Quick Blackboard for Students Quick Start Guide
- More support tutorials can be found on the Blackboard website
If you require more in depth support please contact the USC service desk at 803-777-1800. They will be offering 24/7 Blackboard support while all classes are being held off campus.