Home Campus Services Division of Information Technology Service Directory Respondus Lockdown Browser
Respondus Lockdown Browser
Respondus LockDown Browser™ is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Blackboard. When an assessment is started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading. Available for both Windows and Mac. For an introduction to Respondus LockDown Browser, see the demo movie here.
Important Notice: Respondus LockDown Browser will not work with Read & Write Gold or other screen reading software. If you need to send a test to a student with special needs, please contact Disabilities Services at (864) 503-5199 before using the LockDown Browser for the test.
- Distinct user environments for Blackboard
- When students use Respondus LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications
- The Respondus LockDown Browser is available to all faculty and students through Blackboard. It can be downloaded here: www.respondus.com/lockdown/information.pl?ID=943743695
All faculty members who have a need for it and students taking a test in the LockDown Browser.
This software is free to all students and faculty.
- Faculty can contact Dr. Tom Davis for assistance with creating Respondus exams
- Students can access the LockDown Browser by installing it from the following link: https://download.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?ID=943743695
- Check out Respondus.com for free tutorials on how to use the software