Microsoft SharePoint is a web application platform used to create intranet sites and share documents. SharePoint can give your department its own fully customizable site for tracking data, uploading shared documents, creating work orders, creating knowledge base articles and much, much more!
Many forms on the USC Upstate website use SharePoint. Please note that the SharePoint login is the same as your USC Upstate email login.
- Create an intranet site that can only be accessed by authorized staff in your department
- Upload important documents to share with your co-workers
- Create a ticketing system to email both customers and assigned workers with updates
- Make an automated checkout system
All faculty and staff have access to Sharepoint.
This service is free to any faculty or staff member at USC Upstate.
- Windows 7 or newer (PC)
- Mac OS X 10.5 or newer (Apple)
- Internet access
- An up to date version of one of the following web browsers: Internet Explorer (Windows only), Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Users login to SharePoint with their USC Upstate email address and password. If the password doesn't work, you can reset it here: https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/
If you get a message that access is denied, that means your department needs to request permission for you to access that particular SharePoint page.
To request a SharePoint site, email the Help Desk with the following information:
- Your department
- Who will have ownership of the site and who will need access to it.
- What content you require on the site