Student Email in Microsoft Office 365
You can access email in Microsoft Office 365 by using Microsoft Outlook Web App, a web-based version of Microsoft Outlook. Outlook Web App gives you access to your Microsoft Exchange mailbox from any computer connected to the web. You can also keep track of email from other accounts, such as Hotmail or Gmail, by connecting those accounts to your Outlook Web App account.
In addition to being able to access your email through Outlook Web App, you can connect your Office 365 email account to a desktop email program such as Outlook or Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition. For more information, see Connect Office 365 to your Outlook desktop application.
- Email with 25 GB of space
- Access to OneDrive with one click
Available To: (Who can use it?)
Rates: (Do I need to pay to use it?)
Office 365 tools are free to any student at USC Upstate.
Requirements for Use: (What do I need to use it?)
- Computer or mobile device with Internet access
- One of the following web browsers: Internet Explorer 8 or later (Windows only), Firefox 3.6 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 4 or later (Mac only)
How Do I Get Started:
Sign in to Outlook Web App
Outlook Web App provides access to your email from any computer connected to the web, even a public computer at an airport terminal or hotel. All you need is your existing upstate email address and password.
To sign in to Outlook Web App from Office 365, follow these steps.
1. Go to outlook.com/email.uscupstate.edu.
2. Type your Office 365 user name. This is the first part of your email address before the @.
3. Type your password, and then click Sign in.
For more information about how to use Outlook Web App, click the Help icon (a question mark) in the application.
Get email from multiple accounts
You can connect your Hotmail, IMAP-enabled, or POP-enabled email accounts to your Outlook Web App account to manage all of your email in one place.
For more information on connecting multiple accounts, see here.
Support Tutorials and Troubleshooting: (I need help)
Office 365 Policies: