Microsoft Office 365 Web Apps
Microsoft Web Apps are included with your Office 365 account. Web Apps allow you to work in the cloud by opening Word, Excel, Powerpoint and OneNote documents in your web browser. By storing these documents on your OneDrive, you have access to these from virtually any device with an internet connection, meaning you are no longer tied down to a particular lab or computer to use Office.
- Edit and save your files from anywhere
- Share your work online easily
Available To: (Who can use it?)
Rates: (Do I need to pay to use it?)
Office 365 tools are free to any student at USC Upstate.
Requirements for Use: (What do I need to use it?)
- Computer or mobile device with Internet access
- For best results use one of the following supported web browsers: Internet Explorer 8 or later, latest version of Firefox, latest version of Google Chrome, Safari 5 or later
How Do I Get Started:
To sign in to Web App from Office 365, follow these steps.
1. Sign in to https://login.microsoftonline.com/ using your Upstate email address and password.
2. Click on the Office and Office Web Apps link to learn how to use the web apps.
3. To create a document, click OneDrive at the top of the page.
4. Click New Document and choose the type of document you want to create (i.e. Word).
5. Type a name and click OK. The new document will open in the Office web app for that program. When you are done with the document click on File and then Exit or Save to save it to your OneDrive. If you have the desktop version of Office, you can also open it there by clicking Open in Word, etc. to take advantage of the full office features.
Support Tutorials and Troubleshooting: (I need help)
Office 365 Policies: