Turnitin is an online plagiarism prevention service and grading center. Instructors can easily create classes and assignments and enroll students. The Turnitin software will perform an originality check and save instructors time while providing rich feedback on student written work.
Features: (Why should I use this?)
- OriginalityCheck - ensures original work by checking submitted papers against more than 24 billion web pages
- GradeMark - saves time and improves feedback through online grading
- PeerMark - engages students in writing by providing structured anonymous feedback
- Easy to use interface and ability to upload a variety of file formats
Available To: (Who can use it?)
- All instructors by request
- Students who are enrolled in a class that their instructor has made available for Turnitin assignments
Rates (Do I need to pay to use it?)
This service is free to any faculty member and their students at USC Upstate.
Requirements for Use: (What do I need to use it?)
- Turnitin account
- Windows Vista/Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.4.11+
- 1024 x 768 display or higher
- Internet connection
- Firefox 15+, Chrome 23+, Safari 5+ or IE 8 or 9
Turnitin is also available for iPad! Click here to download from the App Store.
How Do I Get Started?
- Contact ITS Help Desk to have your Turnitin account created. You will be emailed a username and temporary password.
- Login at Turnitin.com and create a new password. Your password must be between 6-12 characters and contain at least one letter and one number.This login will be good as long as USC Upstate has a Turnitin license.
- The Help Desk will be happy to answer any questions, but instructors are ultimately responsible for creating classes and enrolling students.