Office 365 Transition for Students
The transition from Live@Edu to Office 365 is planned for the weekend of June 28th. There should be minimal downtime (6-12 hours total) as every student mailbox is transferred over to Office 365.
Before the upgrade:
1. ITS will send out a communication when the upgrade is taking place. At this time, make sure your desktop software is up-to-date with the Office 365 software requirements. Office 365 doesn’t support Internet Explorer 6 or 7. If you are using these, you or your administrator needs to install a newer version of Internet Explorer. If you use Outlook to read your email and are using Microsoft Office 2003, we recommend that you update Outlook to Office Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010.
2. Bookmark the following so you can easily find them:
3. To make it easy to reset your Microsoft account password if you need to during or after the upgrade, if you have another email address, add it to your Live@edu account as an alternate email address.
What to expect during the upgrade:
1. You can continue to use SkyDrive and Messenger throughout the upgrade.
2. Your Live@edu account will become two separate accounts:
- A new Office 365 account that you’ll use for school-related email and collaboration. Your email address and password will stay the same as it is now with Microsoft Live@edu.
- A personal Microsoft account that you can use to access your old SkyDrive files, Messenger, and other Microsoft services.This account uses your Live@edu user name and password.
After the upgrade is complete:
Here’s what to do as soon as you’re told that the upgrade is complete:
1. Sign in to Office 365 at https://portal.microsoftonline.com/, and click Run the Setup Quickstart. Follow the directions (click the tabs) to set up your computer.
2. In Office 365, to access your email, click Outlook at the top of the page. Or, you can go directly to your email at the following URL: outlook.com/email.uscupstate.edu
3.Sign in to your personal Microsoft account at https://skydrive.live.com/, using the same user name and password you used with Live@edu. This is now a personal account for you, which means that your educational institution's administrator can no longer reset the password. You can change the password on this account whenever you want to. This account gives you access to all your existing SkyDrive content and other Microsoft services such as Messenger. Eventually, SkyDrive will be integrated with Office 365 but to start with you will have to login separately.
If you have any questions about the upgrade, please contact the Help Desk at (864) 503-5257 or email@example.com
Configuring your Android device to work with Office 365
Preparing your PC for Office 365
Troubleshooting Outlook for Mac 2011 connection to Office 365