Admission to Professional Program Resources
All students must be fully admitted to the School of Education, Human Performance, and Health Professional Program prior to taking any 400+ level professional program courses.
Requirements for Admission
To be considered for admission to the Professional Program, students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Completion of English U101 and U102 and Speech U201 and Speech U201R or their equivalent with grades C or better;
- successful completion of prerequisites for MATH 120 or MATH 121, depending on major;
- successful completion of EDFO U200: Teacher Education Colloquium;
- grade of C or better in support courses completed;
- overall GPA of at least 2.75 on at least 60 hours earned;
- the achievement of passing scores on the PRAXIS CORE or a South Carolina State Board of Education approved score on the SAT or ACT examination;
- completed the professional program application in full
- two satisfactory recommendations with one coming from the general faculty and one from the School of Education, Human Performance, and Health faculty;
- personal affirmation of non-criminal background
- provided a "cleared" TB test (within 12 months of application)
- provided a current SLED check
- provided a current National Sex Offender Registry check indicating "No records found."
How to apply:
Step 1: Ask two faculty members (one from SoEHPH, one from general faculty) if they would be willing to provide a recommendation. A form will be sent to them after you complete the online Professional Program application.
Step 2: Complete the online application Professional Program Application
Step 3: After your application has been received and reviewed, you will receive an email with a PIN to create a Castlebranch account. This is an online system that will run your SLED check, NSOR, and keep track of your TB due dates at no cost to you. Use the PIN to create an account and complete all steps in the Castlebranch system. You will receive the PIN from Kelly Crow several weeks following the submission of your application.
Step 4: Obtain a copy of a current TB Test. This can be obtained from Health Services for $20. This will be uploaded to Castlebranch service (see step 3).
Deadlines for Application Submissions
- April 15 for fall admission
- November 15 for spring admission
If you miss the deadline, you will NOT be allowed to register for or take professional program courses until the following semester.