Admission to Professional Program Resources
All students must be fully admitted to the School of Education Professional Program, by the deadlines noted below, prior to taking any 400+ level professional program courses. In order to be considered, applicants must submit the following:
- Completed online application - including receipt of professional references;
- Copy of passing Praxis Core scores or exemptible scores on the SAT or ACT reported to USC Upstate;
- Current SLED check documentation (through Castlebranch*);
- Current "No Records Found" documentation from the National Sex Offenders Registry (through Castlebranch*);
- Current documentation for your TB Test (must be within 12 months). Health Services can provide this test for students.
- *Castlebrach is a service that provides SLED, NSOR checks and tracks TB test and other required information. You can assess the service by following the directions in the online aplication.
Deadlines for Application Submissions
- April 15 for fall admission
- November 15 for spring admission
If you miss the deadline, you will NOT be allowed to register for or take professional program courses until the following semester.
Please use the links below to access the requirements, application, Castlebranch directions and TB test policy.