Wellness, equity, and civility – those are our Upstate core values and we are committed to them. If we all live by these values, it will foster respect across the university and reduce the need for formal conflict resolution. We hope that you will not have cause to complain during your time here, however, should you feel the need to do so, we will assist you with the resolution of any issues that might arise and help you navigate what can seem like a complex system. Please complete these forms with as much detail as possible. While we cannot guarantee a specific outcome, we can guarantee that your complaint or comment will receive the attention it deserves. Your comment or complaint will help us improve – thank you for taking the time to submit.
Grievances and Complaints
Grievances and complaints arise when you experience dissatisfaction in academic or non-academic areas of campus and have been unable to resolve them through normal communication channels.
- Report a Grade Grievance following these procedures.
- Grade Grievance: disagreement with a final course grade based on a student’s claim of unfair or improper treatment by the instructor during the semester.
- Report an Academic, Non-Academic, or General Complaint (Use this form if you are unsure of your complaint type)
- Academic Complaint other than grade grievance: dissatisfaction with an academic issue other than grading that adversely affects your academic progress or academic experience such as feedback, communication, or academic advising.
- Non-Academic Complaint: dissatisfaction arising from any condition that you believe is unjust, inequitable or creates an unnecessary hardship.
- General Complaint or unsure of type of complaint: concern about an action, practice, or decision within the control of the University that you believe should be changed to improve the overall quality of education and student experience.
- Report Unlawful Discrimination, a Title IX Violation, or a Bias Incident
- Unlawful Discrimination: any perceived or actual discriminatory treatment or conduct based upon membership in one or more of the following categories – race, sex, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
- Title IX Violation: any incident that violates university policy and the federal guidelines of Title IX including any acts of sexual violence, sexual misconduct or sexual harassment involving members/and or visitors of the USC Upstate campus community.
- Bias Incident: any bias-related incidents involving members of the USC Upstate campus community that do not fit the definition of Unlawful Discrimination or a Title IX Violation.
- Report a Disability Services Barrier
- Disability Services Barrier: barriers that can prevent those with disabilities from fully accessing programs, services, and all activities at the university. Accessibility barriers may include a non-accessible access ramp, a non-accessible restroom, a non-accessible website, a video without captions, lack of access to an event or program, or other identified barriers.
USC Upstate values student feedback even when there is no specific grievance or complaint. Feedback helps to improve students’ experiences and increase efficiency or fairness of processes even if there has been no direct mistreatment or concern raised by a student.
- Provide General Feedback
- Provide Dining Services Feedback
- Provide feedback on COVID-19 Unsafe Conditions
- Give Campus Kudos