The Housing and Residential Life staff includes 24 outstanding USC Upstate student leaders. They are called Resident Advisers (RAs). You will get to know these leaders, as they will be planning a variety of program opportunities, enforcing rules and policies, as well as maintaining safety through evening duty. They are a good resource for you and your link to Housing and Residential Life.
RAs are undergraduate student leaders who are instrumental in the day-to-day operations of Housing and Residential Life.Their primary tasks are to help students adjust to on-campus living and to become acclimated to USC Upstate. Other RA tasks include, but are not limited to, the following items:
- Protect the primary rights of students
- Create a caring community conducive to student growth and development
- Listen to and make referrals regarding residents’ personal, academic and adjustment issues
- Serve as role models on behalf of Housing and Residential Life and USC Upstate
- Enforce all rules and policies
- Assist residents in times of need
- Keep residents informed of pertinent information regarding Housing and Residential Life
- Ensure that all residents and guests act in a responsible manner
- Provide social, academic, vocational and educational programs and activities to residents
- Mediate conﬂicts between roommates and/or suite mates
Your RA has been trained to be a valuable resource as you live, learn and grow at USC Upstate.They are here to help you, so be sure to take the time to get to know them and take advantage of their wisdom and talents.
Interested in Becoming an RA?
Are you interested in becoming a member of our Resident Adviser team? Do you have a passion for your fellow students and leadership? This position may be exactly what you have been looking for. Resident Advisers serve our students in many capacities, but specifically they are there as a resource to connect students to campus resources. Resident Advisers receive specialized training and tools to help them create a hall environment that is welcoming, inclusive and positive for all.
Apply via the Student Employment Portal
Please contact Brittney Greer with any questions.