Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
For a printable list, click here.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online using FAFSA on the Web at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA must be completed each year. Our priority deadline is March 1, of each year however FAFSAs received after this date will still be processed., Remember, it can take 2 - 3 weeks for USC Upstate to receive your FAFSA results, so apply as early as you can after January 1 of each year.
- You and your parent (if dependent) should apply for a PIN at www.pin.ed.gov prior to starting FAFSA on the Web so that you can sign electronically. After obtaining a PIN, it can be used every year.
- USC Upstate’s Title IV school code is 006951.
- You do not have to wait for your financial aid award before beginning your admissions, advisement and registration processes. However, to be awarded financial aid you must be admitted as a degree-seeking student to USC Upstate.
- Communication with Students: The majority of communications from the financial aid office will be sent to your USC Upstate email account. You must review your email and announcements regularly to ensure you have the latest information about your financial aid status.
- You are encouraged to respond to email and postal mailing as soon as possible to avoid delays in processing of your financial aid.
- For State Scholarship purposes, please make sure that final transcripts are sent as soon as possible.
- Make sure any non-institutional scholarship checks are sent to our office. (You may need to endorse a check if it is made payable to you and USC Upstate.)
- Check your awards on SSC.
- For additional information, please contact the Financial Aid Office at USC Upstate at 864-503-5340 or firstname.lastname@example.org.