The Landscape Services Department, a 14-member division of Facilities Management, provides the following services on the Spartanburg campus of USC Upstate: Landscape planning, design, construction and maintenance; design, planting and care of gardens; management and enhancement of the Susan Jacobs Arboretum and the Rotary International Peace Park; planting of trees, shrubs, perennials and annuals; maintenance of parking areas, sidewalks, streets, pathways; installation and maintenance of irrigation lines and landscape lighting; yard waste and recycling services; campus litter cleanup; and snow removal.
The University of South Carolina Upstate landscape profile includes:
- 330 total acres
- 200 total acres of greenspace
- 130 species of trees in the Susan Jacobs Arboretum
- 140 species of shrubs, with 60 percent of those planted in the Arboretum
- 25,000+ square feet of planting beds
- 4 miles of streets where we are responsible for landscape maintenance
- 1.2 miles of paved sidewalks
- 3,089 parking spots
- 6 soccer fields including County University Soccer Stadium
- Cleveland S. Harley Baseball Park
- Cyrill Softball Stadium
- 12-acre Susan Jacobs Arboretum, a 300-seat amphitheater, a meandering creek and 12 separate garden areas/plant collections
- 6-acre USC Upstate Rotary International Peace Park, with pond, fountain, amphitheater, two walking bridges, a waterfall, 400 trees, benches, various gardens, walking paths, conifer collection and ornamental grasses.