Faculty Tool Kit
- Academic Calendar, including due dates for advising, payment of tuition, withdrawal, and application to graduate. Look here for the link to the Final Exam Schedule
- Academic Catalog, including major requirements, academic policies, and course descriptions
- Academic Integrity Violation Reporting Form
- Academic Program and General Education Learning Outcomes
- Advising Handbook
- Annual Review of Faculty
- Assessment Plans, Student Learning Outcomes, and Reports
- Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS) Login Page **Google Chrome is the preferred browser
- Blackboard LMS Collaborate Virtual Class Meeting Platform, page linked includes tip sheets and tutorials
- Chalk and Wire (Anthology Portfolio) link for eportfolios and reviews
- Degreeworks, degree and schedule planning
- Faculty Awards
- Faculty and Staff Forms
- Faculty Manual
- Multi-Factor Authentication, set up Duo Mobile to access USC Upstate and UofSC System technology systems
- Outside Professional Activities Form
- Peer Observation of Teaching
- Policies, be sure to click the "Policy Acknowledgement Portal" each year to submit updates
- Promotion and Tenure Committee Resources, including unit criteria and promotion and tenure calendars
- Records and Registration Forms, including change of major, change of minor, grade forgiveness, and more
- Self-Service Carolina course schedule, class lists/rosters, midterm and final grade reporting, and removing holds
- Starfish, electronic advising coordination platform
- Student Handbook, including the student code of conduct, code of academic integrity, student policies, grievance procedures, and student resources
- Syllabus Templates and Resources
- Up Links, single-sign-on access to applications and electronic services
- Video Lecture Capture Application, YuJa media platform tip sheets and tutorials
- Center for Academic Innovation and Faculty Support (CAIFS) offers a broad, holistic approach to faculty development that fosters and rewards academic innovation, in the classroom and beyond. The Center coordinates the university's initiatives in active learning, learning technologies, inclusive pedagogy, distance education and hybrid learning, and service-learning and community engagement.
- The Office of Transformative and Inclusive Pedagogy provides vision and strategic leadership to guide institution-wide conversations about and implementation of principles of transformational learning and inclusive pedagogy.
- The Office of Service-Learning and Community Engagement (OSCLE) is a forum that cultivates strong reciprocal relationships between USC Upstate faculty, students and community organizations.
- The USC Upstate Library offers a range of services to support faculty in delivering their courses, providing students with information literacy instruction, and expanding access to research materials.
SCHOLARLY, CREATIVE, and PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES Resources
- The USC Upstate Teaching and Productive Scholarship (TAPS) Fund promotes good scholarship including original research projects, programs that support curriculum development and travel for presentation of scholarship.
- The Office of Sponsored Awards identifies grant opportunities, assists with grant proposal preparation and submission and provides post-award training and assistance with grants management.
- The Office of Research Support provides, on a competitive basis, logistic and monetary support for the pursuit of undergraduate student projects performed under the guidance of USC Upstate faculty, staff and/or community professionals from throughout the Upstate region.
Resources for Supporting Your Students
Office of Disability Services
Disability Services supports the ongoing development of an accessible university that embraces diversity through educational programming, services, resources and facilities that are usable by all members of the campus community.
Recommended accessibility statement for use in USC Upstate course syllabi:
USC Upstate supports the ongoing development of an accessible university that embraces diversity through educational programming, services, resources and facilities that are usable by all members of the campus community. In keeping with University policy, any student with a disability who requests academic accommodations should contact Disability Services at 503-5199 to arrange an appointment with a Disability Services staff member. Students are encouraged to seek an appointment as early in the semester as possible, as accommodations are not provided retroactively.
Office of Counseling Services
Counseling Services at the University of South Carolina Upstate works to support personal, educational, and career goals through individual and couples counseling, distance counseling, group counseling, crisis intervention, and psychiatric services. USC Upstate faculty members may complete the Mental Health First Aid course to gain the tools to identify when a student might be struggling with a mental health or substance use problem and how to connect them with appropriate support and resources when necessary.
Spartans Care programs provide Basic Needs support, including the Spartan Pantry and R U Ok? form. The Spartan Student Emergency Fund assists USC Upstate in overcoming unforeseen circumstances to avoid educational interruptions.
Student Success Center
The Student Success Center exists to help students to succeed in their studies, graduate from USC Upstate in a timely manner and begin a career or graduate study. Within the Center, four main areas are supported:
- Academic Support and Tutoring
The primary student retention unit on campus, responsible for most campus tutoring services, supplemental instruction and University 101 classes to provide students with the tools and resources needed to make a smooth transition into college. The EIP or Early Intervention Program administered through Starfish through surveys, "flags," and "kudos" allows faculty to report students who are not performing satisfactorily in their classes or who have excessive absences so that the Center may follow up with these students to provide the necessary support services.
- Advising Services
Provides outreach, assistance and academic advising services to most first-year students, all undeclared students, students on academic probation and those in danger of losing scholarship funding. In collaboration with Student Life and Residential Life, Advising Services also provides academic programming to residential students. For more information, call 864-503-5392.
- Career Management
In collaboration with faculty and area businesses, Career Management aims to provide career fairs and internship opportunities for students, as well as employment resources and prospects upon graduation. Resources include the Career Closet and the Handshake online career management network.
- Testing Center
Provides make-up testing and standardized testing services.
USC Upstate Get Connected
- Fast Facts
- USC Upstate Mission
- History of the University
- University Administration
- Strategic Plan 2018-2023
- Family Fund
- Faculty/Staff Essential Resources
- Information Technology
- Student Life
- Enrollment Services
- Faculty Ombuds
- Human Resources
- Training for Personal and Professional Development, including the Equity Inclusion Certificate, Civil Treatment for Employees, and leadership programs for supervisors
- Office of Institutional Equity, Inclusion, and Engagement, including Employee Resource Groups for forging a range of affinity group connections
- Spartan Rec Center, including both individual and family memberships
- USC Upstate Campus Maps
- Spartanburg Campus
- Greenville Campus
- George Dean Johnson, Jr. College of Business and Economics