Webinars and Help Sessions for Faculty
The University of South Carolina eLearning Services and the Center for Academic Innovation and Faculty Support are offering live and recorded Webinars and help sessions for USC Upstate faculty members who want to expand their skills with remote teaching and advising tools. Look for UofSC Columbia workshop postings on the Institution Page announcements in Blackboard.
Use Your USC Upstate username and password to sign in to TechSmith Knowmia videos. Please select captions if you have issues with audio quality from live events.
- Introduction to Blackboard Upgrades for Spring 2020
- Making the Most of Grade Center and Rubrics
- TechSmith Knowmia Basics
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra for Videoconferencing Absolute Essentials (Collaborate Recording from USC Columbia)
- Teaching Engaging Online Synchronous Course Sessions with captioned video or Collaborate Recording with recorded chat feature (Click the purple tab in the lower right to reveal chat space)
- Teaching Blended Two-Way Delivery Courses with captioned video or Collaborate Recording with chat (Click the purple tab in the lower-right to reveal chat space)
- Blended Two-Way Delivery PowerPoint with Step-by-Step Guide to Classroom Set-up
- Blended Two-Way Delivery Classroom Tip Sheet with Quick Reference Guide to Classroom Set-up
- Tips for a Great Remote First Day of Class with captioned video
- Affordable Learning with Open Educational Resources (OER) with Dr. Drew Kearns and Dr. David McCurry
- Designing Meaningful and Measurable Learning Outcomes with Dr. Pam Steinke
- Making Courses Accessible with Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and Ally with Jennifer Bland