New Faculty Orientation
Welcome to USC Upstate! This is a great time to be joining the Spartan Family.
Fall 2023 Orientation Information
August 16, 2023
- 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Orientation, Sansbury Campus Life Center Ballroom
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Luncheon with the Chancellor
August 17, 2023
- 9:30-3:00 Fall Faculty Day: Embracing Neurodiversity @ Upstate, coordinated by Dr. Renu Pariyadath, Faculty Diversity Fellow, Sansbury Campus Life Center Ballroom or Virtual Meeting
Our Fall 2023 New Faculty Book Theme
Distracted: Why Students Can't Focus and What You Can Do About It by James Lang. Join us on Sept. 13, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. for Distracted v. Engaged: Connecting and Motivating Students in the New Normal.
New to College Teaching?
- About Backward Design: Identify your course learning objectives and align your activities and assessments to the learning you want your students to achieve.
- Inclusive Syllabus Practices: Align your course policies and syllabus statements with inclusive pedagogy and Universal Design for Learning.
- About Active Learning: Engage students with content, don't just deliver content.
- Universal Design for Learning: Eliminate barriers to learning through principles of universal design.
- About Your Learning Management System: Use your Blackboard learning environment tools to streamline your teaching, communication, and student feedback.