Service Course Support Funds
Each academic year, the Office of Service Learning and Community Engagement has a limited amount of funds to support Service related expenses in designated courses. Instructors of Service Engagement designated courses are eligible to apply for up to $250 to offset the cost of supplies or transportation necessary for students to complete their service. Instructors of Service Learning designated courses are eligible to apply for up to $500. Funds will be awarded to selected instructors as a "cash advance," and instructors will be required to reconcile all expenses with appropriate receipts tracking use of the funds.
The Office of Service Learning and Community Engagement will target response to submitted applications within 14 days, though processing of funds will take additional time and is beyond our control. Please apply at least 30 days before your anticipated project!
The Office of Service Learning and Community Engagement asks all Service Instructors to:
- Encourage participation in surveys for students, community partners, and yourself.
- Participate in the Common Assessment using the SLOs aligned with your course
- Advertise and advocate for volunteerism, civic/community engagement, and/or service-learning on and/or off campus
- Availability of funds
- Designated Service course
- Overt connection to the Strategic Plan
- Not for travel courses (student awards apply here)
- University policy concerning use of funds
- Expenses NOT covered include
- Food for non-students
- Gifts & give-aways for non-students
- Diverse distribution of funds across
- Learning & Engagement designations
- Instructional units
- Proposed use for funds
- Potential for impact in the community
- Potential for impact on campus beyond the course
- Ratio of $/Service student
- Quality of Application
Per University policy, payment may not be provided retroactively, so please allow at least 30 days between your request and anticipated use of funds.
All Service Support Funds are offered on a one-time basis. Funding applications for recurring courses must be submitted for each instance,
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.