BenEfits and Coverage
With a robust State benefits package, the University of South Carolina offers you comprehensive coverage that will satisfy your personal preferences and provide for your family needs.
The University of South Carolina offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package through the state's Public Employee Benefit Authority (PEBA) program. In addition, we offer voluntary benefits to supplement state coverage.
New Employee Benefits
The University of South Carolina provides a comprehensive benefits package that has been designed with a variety of choices so that you can determine what level of coverage best suits your needs.
Through state insurance coverage (PEBA) and supplemental plans, we provide a comprehensive insurance package. More ...
We offer state retirement benefits and supplemental plans to meet all of your retirement goals. More ...
Enroll and Make Changes
Processes and timelines to enroll and make changes to your insurance and retirement coverage. More ...
Time Away From Work
Learn how sick and annual leave are accrued, and details about how other types of leave are handled. More ...
Employee Wellness Programs
Our state wellness benefits and campus wellness programs, including our Employee Assistance Program (EAP), provide free or low-cost services that support faculty and staff. More ...
If you are injured on the job you may be eligible for workers' compensation benefits. More ...
Providers and Access
Contact information for benefits providers. More ...
If you have questions regarding benefits, please contact Erin Beer
- Tuition Assistance and Reimbursement provides free tuition for faculty and staff in full-time positions
- Employee “PerksCard” for discounts and savings
- Free dental coverage for benefits-eligible full-time employee
- Annual and sick leave accruals
- Retirement plans, 401(k) options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training and Professional Development
- $5.75 meals in the Dining Hall
- Free on-campus parking
- “Tree Campus USA” recipient with beautiful landscaping and parks
- Events facilities to rent, including the CLC Ballroom and Roël Pavilion in the Susan Jacobs Arboretum
Local and Regional Perks
- Discounts at Spartanburg Day School (for grades K – 12 full-time employees)
- Discounts at many local establishments with a valid University ID
- Reduced corporate rate for individual or family membership at Spartanburg Athletic Club
- Reduced nightly rates at Marriott Renaissance Park for USC Upstate employees and/or guests
- A 19% discount on any personal account with Verizon
- Savings of up to 15% on the monthly service charge of qualified wireless plans with AT&T.
- Homes for Heroes offers special rates when buying, selling, or refinancing a home to educators, educational support staff, and more
Campus Events and Facilities Perks
- Discounted rates for basketball season tickets (reserved seats, parking, etc.)
- Buy USC Columbia football and basketball season tickets directly from the University
- Tickets to productions by the Shoestring Players sold at the student rate
- Reduced rates for employees at the USC Upstate Campus Recreation.