Home Faculty/Staff Human Resources Benefits Workers' Compensation
Procedures for Work Related Injuries
- The injured employee should report the injury immediately to their supervisor.
- The supervisor and employee should call CompEndium Services at 877-709-2667. If the supervisor is not available, the employee should call CompEndium. CompEndium is available 24 hours per day/7days per week. For life-threatening injuries or illnesses, call 911.
- CompEndium will help the employee process the workers' compensation claim and direct them where to go for treatment.
- Employee will need to complete the UofSC Employee Injury Report (81-B). If the employee believes they will miss time from work beyond the date of injury, employee should select a Workers' Compensation Benefits Election (Option 1, Option 2, or Option 3). Fax a copy to CompEndium at 877-710-2667, and email it to Benefits Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If no medical treatment is needed, the employee will need to complete the UofSC Employee Injury Report (81-B) and check the report only box at the top of the form. Email a copy to email@example.com.
- The supervisor is required to complete the Supervisor's Report of Injury Form (81-C). Fax a copy to CompEndium at 877-710-2667 and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.