Posting a Job Vacancy
- To fill a full-time position vacancy, the request is made using the permission-to-search form. The form requests a position slot and approval a of maximum salary amount from the department’s budget. The Upstate Employment Classification & Compensation Manager can assisting in providing classification salary information when completing the form.
- Submit the position description and the completed permission-to-search form to area’s Vice-Chancellor/Dean for review and routing. Once the request to post the position is approved, the position description and permission-to-search is forwarded to the Upstate Employment Classification & Compensation Manager to process.
- Temporary (exempt and hourly) positions may be posted to advertise the vacant position and seek applicants for the position. While it is not a slotted position, the permission-to-search form and the position description have information to assist in the posting. The completed forms should be submitted to the Upstate Employment Classification & Compensation Manager.
Once the position description has been approved, an online posting will be created and submitted in USC Jobs by Upstate Employment Classification & Compensation Manager.
- The posting must include certain required elements, many of which come from the position description. These qualifications will be the criteria for screening applicants.
- Upstate Employment Classification & Compensation Manager may add prescreening questions regarding education and experience used to filter out candidates who do not meet minimum requirements.
- The job position must be posted for 7 calendar days to include a minimum of 5 working days.