Each member of the faculty and staff play an important role, directly or indirectly, in the education of students and in the mission of the University. The Human Resources Office supports the University through planning, implementing, and promoting human resource programs and practices that enhance the University's ability to attract, develop, reward and retain an exceptional faculty and staff.
2019 Insurance Summary
The 2019 Insurance Summary provides more detail about your benefit options, including eligibility and when you can enroll in premiums.
Open Enrollment is October 1 — 31. Learn about your insurance options for 2019, benefits enhancements for the upcoming year and changes you can make during open enrollment.
The USC Human Resources/Payroll project is under way. When fully implemented, the new system will improve processes in HR, Payroll, Benefits, Time and Labor, Absence Management, and Self-Service for employees and managers. The new USC HR/Payroll system will bring the University into a new era of technology. This integrated system will help us become more efficient by standardizing processes and eliminating manual tasks.
The USC HR/Payroll system will offer employee and manager self-service. Employees will be able to request electronic W-2s, set up multiple direct deposits, update personal information, and much more — all in one online location. Managers will have access to comprehensive information about direct reports, and the ability to manage a full range of job actions. The project to build the system is on schedule, with a planned go-live for Phase 1 of January 2019. Phase 1 includes HR, Payroll, Benefits, and associated Self Service functions. Phase 2, with a planned go-live of July 2019, includes Time and Labor, Absence Management, and associated Self Service functions.
The project website at sc.edu/hrpayrollproject is stocked with information, updates, handouts, videos, and more.
- Background Check Authorization and Disclosure Form — A pre-employment screening is required for all faculty, staff, and certain student employees.
- Holiday Schedule — View scheduled university holidays.
- ITAMS — The Internet-based Time and Attendance Management System is your resource for time entry and timesheet management while working at USC Upstate.
- Pay Dates — Keep track of important dates and know when to expect your direct deposit.
- USC Jobs — Applicant Login — Manage submitted employment applications to job postings at USC Upstate.
- USC Jobs — Hiring Manager Login — For hiring managers to review submitted applications to job postings.
- HCM — Online information system that allows employees secure access to a variety of personal information such as paycheck stubs, contact information, education, job profile, payroll and benefits information.
- Student Employee Self Service Quick Reference — Key functions you will use in the new HR/Payroll system to view and manage pay information.