Resources for Students
Louis Database of Accessible Materials
- The Louis Database of Accessible Materials for People who are Blind or Visually Impaired contains information on nearly 200,000 titles in accessible formats including braille, large print, sound recording, and electronic files.
Association for the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired (AER)
- AER is an international membership organization dedicated to supporting the professionals who work in all phases of education and rehabilitation of children and adults who are blind and visually impaired.
South Carolina School for the Deaf and the Blind (SCSDB)
- SCSDB provides services statewide for individuals who are deaf, blind or sensory multidisabled, their families and the professionals who work with them.
Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired (TSBVI)
- TSBVI’s website offers resource to parents of children with visual impairments and professionals who serve them. The site includes downloadable braille materials, a quarterly newsletter, and tools for teachers.
Braille Bug Site
- The American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) created the Braille Bug® web site to teach sighted children about braille.
American Printing for the Blind (APH)
- The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) is the world's largest nonprofit organization creating educational, workplace, and independent living products and services for people who are visually impaired.
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
- The American Foundation for the Blind is a national nonprofit that expands possibilities for people with vision loss.
American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- The American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus offers easy-to-understand information about eye conditions for patients, their families, and the professionals that serve them.