December Graduation Information for Faculty and Staff
December Convocation will include the presentation of degrees at the Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium, located in downtown Spartanburg. Chancellor Thomas Moore will preside at the convocation.
- December graduation convocation will be held on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 6:45 p.m., at the Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium.
- The ceremonies will be a traditional USC Upstate commencement with approximately 400 degree candidates in attendance at the ceremony.
- On the day of Convocation, the faculty will gather in the arena (lower level) of the Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium no later than 6:30 p.m. dressed in full academic regalia.
- Faculty do not need tickets. Academic regalia will serve as your ticket.
- If you are planning to attend, please send confirmation to Charlianne Wyatt Nestlen.
- Faculty should be ready to process at 6:50 p.m. and will be announced to the audience prior to processing in. The faculty procession will be lead by a Student Marshal who will lead them down the aisle and up onto the stage where faculty will enter the section row by row.
- Please do not bring any purses or valuable to the arena as there will be no way to secure them.
The Platform Party will assemble in the Green Room of the Auditorium no later than 6:00 p.m. and will be lead on stage by a student marshal after being announced to the audience. The Platform Party consists of the Distinguished Alumni of the Year recipient, selected University administrators, deans of the colleges and schools, members of the Spartanburg County Commission for Higher Education, the speaker and Chancellor Moore.