Center for Academic Innovation and Faculty Support
The Center for Academic Innovation and Faculty Support (CAIFS) offers a broad, holistic approach to faculty development that fosters and rewards academic innovation, in the classroom and beyond, and that includes support for such endeavors as peer mentorship and developing academic leadership.
CAIFS coordinates the university's initiatives in active learning, learning technologies, inclusive pedagogy, distance education and hybrid learning, and service learning and community engagement. Our units include the Office of Distance Education, the Office of Transformative and Inclusive Pedagogy, and the Office of Service Learning and Community Engagement, as well as a staff of Learning Experience Designers who can help with a range of instructional design projects.
The Center for Academic Innovation and Faculty Support also provides a centralized hub for faculty development needs, from adjunct faculty members and new faculty to leaders in faculty governance and academic units.
Visit us in the Media Building, Room 248, 864-503-5850. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Instructional design support for faculty and staff projects provided by Learning Experience Designers
- Online Teaching certification and online course and program development support provided by the Director of Distance Education and Learning Experience Designers
- Service Learning Teaching certification and service learning course development support provided by the Director of Service Learning and Community Engagement
- New Faculty Professional Development Institute and New Faculty Online Learning Community
- Adjunct Faculty Orientation, Adjunct Faculty Professional Development Institute and Adjunct Faculty Online Learning Community
- USC Upstate Academic Leadership Institute and Academic Leadership Online Learning Community for academic unit and faculty governance leadership
- Teaching observations and teaching evaluation consultations
- Media support and guidance for faculty and staff wishing to integrate video and audio into their projects
- Customized workshops and consultations for program and curricular development, assessment, and academic innovation project design
- Workshops and consultations for faculty on preparing for promotion, tenure, post-tenure, and developing/fulfilling your research agenda
- Co-sponsored workshops on retention, advising, assessment, curriculum mapping, public scholarship, and seeking grants
- Basics of Using TechSmith Relay and Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. Wednesday, Apr. 1, 3:00-4:30 pm (Join Session)
- Designing Learning Outcomes for Student Success. Friday, April 3, 1:00-2:00 pm (Join Session)
- Online Student Engagement. Friday, April 10, 1:00-2:00 pm
- Active Learning for an Inclusive Classroom. Friday, April 17, 1:00-2:00 pm
- Office of Service Learning and Community Engagement Workshop with Speaker Brooke Hardin. Friday, April 17, 1:00-2:00 pm
Next Online Teaching Certification Course starts April 13: REGISTER
For an archive of recordings of previous workshops, please visit Webinars and Virtual Office Hours.