The University of South Carolina Upstate is a comprehensive public university and a senior institution of the University of South Carolina. USC Upstate is located between Charlotte and Atlanta along the I-85 corridor, one of the fastest growing business and high-tech regions in the country. More than 40 bachelor’s degree programs are offered in the liberal arts and sciences, business administration, nursing and teacher education, and master’s degrees in education, informatics and nursing. Among the fastest growing universities in South Carolina, USC Upstate is a diverse and dynamic community of 5,600 students from across the Upstate, 36 states and 51 countries and an alumni base of about 30,000.
The University employs about 650 full and part-time faculty and staff who work on the 330-acre main campus in Spartanburg, the Greenville campus for commuting junior and senior level students, and The George Dean Johnson, Jr. College of Business and Economics in downtown Spartanburg. USC Upstate seeks to attract and retain a diverse qualified faculty. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
For more information about Spartanburg and South Carolina, visit the Spartanburg Convention and Visitors Bureau's website.
- Tuition Assistance and Reimbursement provides free tuition for faculty and staff in full-time positions.
- Employee “PerksCard” for discounts and savings
- Free dental coverage for benefits-eligible full-time employee
- Annual and sick leave accruals
- Retirement plans or 401(k) options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training and Professional Development
Note: Tuition Assistance, “PerksCard”, dental coverage and annual and sick leave accruals are only for full-time employees.
- $5 lunch or dinner in the Dining Hall
- Free on-campus parking
- “Tree Campus USA” recipient with beautiful landscaping and parks
- Events facilities to rent, including the CLC Ballroom and Roël Pavilion in the Susan Jacobs Arboretum.
- Admission to the May Day picnic, USC Upstate’s annual employee appreciation event.
- 50 percent tuition discount at Spartanburg Day School (for full-time employees)
- Many local establishments offer discounts with a valid university ID
- Reduced corporate rate for individual or family membership at Spartanburg Athletic Club
- Reduced nightly rates at Marriott Renaissance Park for USC Upstate employees and/or guests.
- Reduced rates for tickets to Biltmore Estate - Contact Melissa Perry
- Carolina Collegiate Credit Union
- State of South Carolina employees receive a 19% discount on any personal account with Verizon
- Employees are eligible for a savings of up to 15% on the monthly service charge of qualified wireless plans with AT&T.
- Homes for Heroes offers special rates when buying, selling, or refinancing a home to educators, educational support staff, and more
- Faculty and staff receive two tickets for free admission to all home athletic events.
- Faculty and staff receive discounted rate for basketball season tickets (reserved seats, parking, etc.)
- Faculty and staff can buy USC Columbia football and basketball season tickets directly.
- Faculty and staff tickets to productions by the Shoestring Players are sold at the student rate.
- The USC Upstate Wellness Center offers reduced rates for employees.