Sponsored Awards provides resources and administrative support that principal investigators and future principal investigators need to advance their research and scholarship and to build the University’s reputation.
Please direct questions regarding Sponsored Awards and Grant Writing to Elaine Marshall, 864-503-5331.
Services provided by Sponsored Awards:
- Find and disseminate grant opportunities
- Assist with proposal preparation and submission
- Provide post-award training and grants management
- If your proposal involves human subjects or other vertebrate animals, you will need IRB approval (human subjects) or IACUC approval (other vertebrate animals).
- Fringe Rates
- Indirect Cost Rates
- USCeRA - Electronic grant submission
Sponsored Awards subscribes to many grant alerts, has assembled an extensive list of grant-related web sites that provide excellent searching and researching capabilities, and works with faculty and staff to assemble application packets and upload them to USCeRA. See the “Pre Award” section for more information.
Sponsored Awards sends out e-mail notification to selected recipients as grant opportunities are announced, so please notify us if you have particular areas of interest.
Faculty and staff can run their own grant opportunity searches—based on key word, funding agency, etc.— by using the links below:
Please contact Sponsored Awards as soon as you identify a grant for which you intend to apply. Sponsored Awards can help you prepare the narrative, budget and grant forms as well as provide boilerplate information about the University. We also coordinate submission to SAM (Sponsored Awards Management) in Columbia for final processing and submission to the funding source.
Sponsored Awards researches grant sources and disseminates this information to the appropriate potential PIs (principal investigators), so please notify us if you have particular areas of interest.
- Pivot Grant Search
- Step-by-Step Grant Submission
- Research Development
- SAM Budget Template
- Fringe Benefits
- Indirect Costs
- SAM External Proposal Page
- USC VPR Research Assistance
- USC Research Policy Links
- SC Dept of Education Grants Page
- Logic Model from SC Dept of Education
- Investigator Toolbox
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Cayuse 424
Although Sponsored Awards helps monitor grant account expenditures, end dates, account changes, and also serves as liaison between PIs and Contract and Grant Accounting (Columbia) to coordinate grant reporting and closeout, Principal Investigators and their departments are ultimately responsible for ensuring that all grant funds are expended in a correct and timely fashion.