The DANTES Lifespan Development exam has been approved at USC Upstate for the replacement of Human Growth and Development-SPSY 302. Although un-timed, this multiple choice test is approximately 90 minutes long. Bulletins and study guides can be picked up outside the Counseling Services office in CLC 224. The following information is crucial to individuals interested in taking the Dantes exam.
- To schedule an exam contact Counseling Services at (864) 503-5195.
- Exams must be scheduled no later than six weeks before the scores are needed.
- Human Growth and Development books can be purchased through the USC Upstate bookstore in order to study for the exam.
- Results will be mailed to you and an official transcript mailed to Counseling Services. This transcript will be forwarded to the Records Office and if the candidate has scored high enough (46 or higher) credit will be given for the course.
- At the time of the test a $70.00 payment will be made to DANTEs in the form of a certified check, US money order, Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- An additional administration fee of $70.00 will be charged. This amount can be paid with a personal check to Counseling Services. CASH will not be accepted by either DANTES or Counseling Services.
For more information contact Counseling Services at (864) 503-5195.