How to Apply
Please follow the instructions listed below to apply for on-campus jobs and for off-campus work study jobs. Assistance is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. in Human Resources, located on the third floor of the Stockwell Administration Building.
Not all on-campus and work-study positions are posted online. Based on your interests, you may want to identify departments, offices and professors you would like to work for and contact them directly to inquire about job opportunities
Job vacancies identified as Federal Work-Study are only available to those students who have received a federal work-study award through financial aid.
Instructions to apply for on-campus jobs:
- From the On-Campus Employment webpage, click "View Current Job Openings."
- Select the position in which you want to apply.
- After reviewing the job details, click the button "Apply for this Job."
- Follow the steps to complete the application. A cover letter or a resume can be attached to the application if desired.
- The completed application will be retained in the USC Jobs Online Employment system. It can be used to apply for positions in the future. You will be asked to create a login and password so that you can access your application in the future.
International students who have F-1 (student) visa status may apply for on-campus employment opportunities at USC Upstate. A Social Security Number is not required to apply for an on-campus job. If the student is offered a position, the campus SEVIS coordinator will confirm employment eligibility and will issue a letter to present to the Social Security Administration to apply for a Social Security Number. The Social Security Administration does not issue Social Security Numbers for F-1 visa holders without verification of employment from USC Upstate.