University Marketing and Communications
The Office of University Marketing and Communications is the central marketing and communication team for the University of South Carolina Upstate. Our focus is on building awareness, increasing visibility and enhancing support for the institution.
The UMC team includes University Communications, Digital and Social Media, Brand and Visual Communications, and Multimedia Production. The four units each provide unique tools, but work as one cohesive team to serve internal and external audiences by providing a variety of resources. We are brand strategists, writers, editors, web designers, graphic artists, photographers, videographers, and social media, media and public relations professionals.
UMC tells the story of the USC Upstate through a variety of platforms. We do this by working closely with our campus partners to accomplish communication and marketing goals while maintaining the integrity of the institution’s brand.
Priorities for the Office of University Marketing and Communications include:
- Institutional marketing and communication initiatives and campaigns
- Institutional brand management, consultation and enforcement
- Institutional reputation management and crisis communication
- Institutional digital strategy and management
- Institutional marketing and communication resource development
- Institutional social media strategy and management
- Institutional marketing and communication standard setting and policy development
- Oversight and/or development of all external advertising within all areas of the institution, as well as all materials used to communicate with alumni or donors.
- Media relations: Media coverage, media outreach, and publicity opportunities throughout the institution
- Development and management of University-wide publications
- University-wide enrollment, recruitment and retention initiatives
We look forward to working with you!