Sample Common Assessment
This SAMPLE Common Assessment covers all of the competencies and all of the SLOs. The version you use for your course should contain only those SLOs you choose as focal for your course (≥ 2 for Service Engagment; ≥ 4 for Service Learning).
Applying My Service to My Life
Now that you have (nearly) completed your Service, it's time to reflect on how your Service will (or should) affect your life beyond this course. For each of the four domains below, reflect in a paragraph (~200 words). If you see two questions, please CHOOSE ONE for your response.
- Here's an example of how I have addressed bias when I have encountered it in the world around me.
- This is why participating in our community is important.
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Here's an example of how I have applied concepts and ideas from a variety of my classes and other sources to needs and issues in my community issues
- This is why it is important to bring together people with different backgrounds and perspectives (peers, instructors, community members, and the community at-large). And here is (at least one) challenge I've encountered in trying to do this during my Service.
- Here's an example of how I have used strategies for collaboration and conflict resolution related to my Service.
- This is why it is important to cultivate an inclusive attitude that advances equity, wellness, and civility.
- Creativity and Problem Solving
- Here's an example of how I have analyzed information data and concepts, and applied information to real-world problem solving related to my Service.
- Here's an example of how I have accepted challenges and assumed new roles and/or identified approaches to real-world issues related to my Service.
- Professionalism and Productivity
- Here's an example of how I have exhibited competence and confidence in setting reasonable goals and making a difference related to my Service.
- Here's an example of how I have persevered in the face of challenges I encountered during my Service.
- Application of Information Technology
- Here's an example of how I have combined traditional and technology-based modes to communicate information through or about my Service.
- Here's an example of how I have applied Information Technology tools to problem-solving during my Service.
- Glocal (Global + Local) Perspectives
- This is how local and global cultural traditions I have observed during my Service affect my community and greater social issues we've discussed in class.
- This is how my Service has helped me see how being involved in my community can help me as I help others.
- Career Management
- Here's an example of how my Service has affected my personal values, attitudes, ethics and/or beliefs.
- Here's an example of how my Service has affected how I see myself in terms of the greater community.
Quick Links: SLOs:
- SLO Overview
- SLO Sample Common Assessment
- SLO Common Assessment Rubric
- SLO Alignment with Strategic Plan