The Green Fund provides limited emergency financial support to currently enrolled students who are unable to meet essential expenses due to a temporary or unexpected hardship.
Decisions regarding disbursement of funds are made on a case-by-case basis upon review of completed application. Awards are not considered loans and do not require repayment.
Examples of expenses considered for funding include but are not limited to:
- Emergency housing and utilities
- Medication / Prescription expenses
- Books, fees, or other school related expenses
- Replacement of belongings lost in a fire or natural disaster
- Safety related needs (i.e. changing locks, short term emergency shelter)
Students seeking financial assistance should be currently enrolled with a 2.0 GPA and able to provide documentation of their financial hardship.
Faculty and staff seeking emergency support for students aid should contact Laura Puckett-Boler, vice chancellor of Student Affairs and Dean of Students, at 864-503-5108 or by email to receive an application. Students may also contact the Student Affairs office directly to inquire about this fund.