Discrimination and Harassment Incidents
Discrimination and harassment are against the law and University policy. The University enforces the equal opportunity policies which prohibit acts of discrimination against or harassment of faculty, staff and students based on:
- National Origin
- Sexual Orientation
- Veteran Status
Any member of the campus community with an allegation about discrimination or discriminatory harassment, based on the protected classes above, involving faculty, staff, other students, student organizations or any entity affiliated with or doing business with the University, may:
- Report concerns using the Incident Intake Form , or
- Contact the Office of Employee Relations and Equal Opportunity in the Stockwell Administration Building, Suite 310, at 864-503-5354.
Concerns should be reported within 300 days from the date of the alleged incident(s).
The Office of Employee Relations and Equal Opportunity will:
- Listen to your concerns
- Assist you in finding options to resolve your concerns
- Clarify and explain University non-discrimination policies and procedures and how they may apply to you
- Advise you of the University's confidentiality practices
- Refer you to other departments or offices for additional support or mediation as appropriate
- Advise you of your rights and recourse under the law and University policy