Each member of the faculty and staff play an important role, directly or indirectly, in the education of students and in the mission of the University. The Human Resources Office supports the University through planning, implementing, and promoting human resource programs and practices that enhance the University's ability to attract, develop, reward and retain an exceptional faculty and staff.
SLTD Rate Increase
Effective September 1, 2018, employee premiums for Supplemental Long Term Disability (SLTD) coverage will increase as shown in the table below.
Age on preceding January 1 SLTD 90-day waiting period SLTD 180-day waiting period Under 31 .00065 .00052 31-40 .00090 .00070 41-50 .00179 .00136 51-60 .00361 .00277 61-65 .00434 .00333 66 and older .00530 .00407
Employees may cancel SLTD coverage anytime throughout the year by completing a Notice of Election form. The form must be signed and dated by both the employee and their HR representative. Termination is effective the first day of the month following the request. Employees may contact their HR representative for further assistance.
All questions regarding the new premiums may be directed to the South Carolina Public Employee Benefit Authority at 803-737-6800.
- Background Check Authorization and Disclosure Form — A pre-employment screening is required for all faculty, staff, and certain student employees.
- Holiday Schedule — View scheduled university holidays.
- ITAMS — The Internet-based Time and Attendance Management System is your resource for time entry and timesheet management while working at USC Upstate.
- Pay Dates — Keep track of important dates and know when to expect your direct deposit.
- USC Jobs — Applicant Login — Manage submitted employment applications to job postings at USC Upstate.
- USC Jobs — Hiring Manager Login — For hiring managers to review submitted applications to job postings.
- VIP — Online information system that allows employees secure access to a variety of personal information such as paycheck stubs, contact information, education, job profile, payroll and benefits information.