Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
Welcome to the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning at the University of South Carolina Upstate, an institution that values excellence in teaching and student success.
The Center was established to ensure the necessary linkage between teaching and learning. It is a privilege to work with faculty from all disciplines, providing them practical resources and assistance in developing effective teaching methods and the integration of innovative ideas into USC Upstate’s academic programs and curricular.
We invite you to contact us to discuss how we can further enhance and best promote excellence in teaching and learning here at Upstate.
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning supports faculty efforts to improve student learning and encourages interdisciplinary collaboration in the development of innovative practices of teaching and learning. The Center collaborates with existing administrative and academic units to help new and continuing faculty develop valuable pedagogical strategies as well as provide guidance in producing and assessing effective classroom activities. The Center contributes to the University mission to provide exemplary education, recognize cultural diversity, and serve the metropolitan region of the Upstate.
The CETL will foster, promote, and enhance excellence in teaching by providing leadership, resources, and opportunities for dialogue and collaboration among faculty.
- to promote excellence in teaching and learning as an institutional priority
- to support and foster the scholarship of teaching and learning
- to identify and share best practices in teaching across disciplines
- to increase support for programs that promote excellence in teaching and learning
- to seek external funding to support excellence in teaching and learning at USC Upstate
- to identify and provide resources for 21st century teaching and learning
The Center, along with its Partners — Department of Learning Technologies, Office of Service Learning and Community Engagement (OSLCE), Distance Education, Student Success Center — fosters, promotes, and enhances excellence in teaching by providing leadership, resources, and opportunities for dialogue and collaboration among faculty.