- Classes Canceled: Students do not report for class with an indication for day and/or evening classes. Faculty, staff and students working or attending classes at the George Dean Johnson, Jr. College of Business and Economics and the Greenville campus will follow the same schedule as the USC Upstate campus (unless the University Center Greenville is closed). All classes with the exception of online classes are canceled. Employees are expected to report to work but may take annual leave, elect to take the day without pay, or make up the time missed within a specified time frame to be established by Human Resources in conjunction with Payroll.
- Classes Delayed: After the University opens, students should report to their next scheduled class.
- Nursing students: Clinical and laboratory experiences will be joined in progress after the opening of the University.
- Education students: School clinicals will follow the appropriate K-12 school schedules.
- Students enrolled in natural science laboratory classes should join their lab in progress if instructed by their professor after the opening of the University.
- USC Upstate Closed: Classes are canceled for students and employees do not report to work. Employees may elect to take annual leave, take the day without pay, or make up the time missed within a specified time frame to be established by Human Resources in conjunction with Payroll.
In case of inclement weather, decisions about canceling or delaying classes at the University of South Carolina Upstate will be made as early as possible and no later than 6 a.m. When possible, decisions will be made the night before. If Spartanburg County (not local school districts) closes or delays the opening of county offices, the University will follow Spartanburg County's decision and close or delay opening the campus.
If classes are canceled on the Spartanburg campus, USC Upstate will NOT hold classes at the George Dean Johnson, Jr. College of Business and Economics or the Greenville campus. There may be times USC Upstate is open and the University Center Greenville is closed. Faculty, staff and students working or attending classes at the University Center Greenville should listen to the radio, watch local television, or go to the UCG Web site for more information on the status of the University Center Greenville.
Unless changes are posted by the following means, assume that classes will meet as scheduled.
|The USC Upstate Website||The Winter Weather Information box will be displayed on the USC Upstate homepage during times of inclement weather with information regarding closings or delays.|
|Local Media Outlets||WSPA-TV7, WYFF-TV4, FOX21|
|Social Media||Information will be posted to USC Upstate's Facebook and Twitter accounts.|
Occasionally media outlets will confuse the message provided by the University. For clarification, please consult the USC Upstate website.
Dining Services Schedule:
The hours of operation for Dining Services will be posted on the USC Upstate homepage and Dining Services Facebook Page.
The hours of operation for the Library will be posted on the USC Upstate hompeage and Library webpage.
When the University is closed for inclement weather, the Wellness Center will be open from Noon to 6 p.m.
The doors closest to Highway 176 (the front of the campus) and accessible entrances on each building are usually the first cleared of snow and ice. Watch for signs directing you toward the safest entrance.
In times of inclement weather, students and employees are urged to use their best judgment to determine if traveling to campus will present a safety hazard.