Self Service Carolina for students
Self Service Carolina is the web-based program that students use to register for classes, pay fees, check grades, change personal information, see who their adviser is, apply for financial aid, etc. Access is available through the University of South Carolina Upstate web site by clicking on Current Students and then the SSC icon, or you can log on directly at my.sc.edu. SSC replaces the previous system, VIP.
Please note: Starting June 5, all users will need to set up Multifactor Authentication in order to login to SSC. See here for more information.
- Register for classes online
- Obtain a copy of your schedule
- Obtain your grades
- Update your address, phone number and other personal information
- Deposit money to your Carolina Card for printing costs, etc.
- View your education profile
- Change your Blackboard password
- Purchase/download University software
This service is free to any student at USC Upstate.
- Windows 7 or newer (PC)
- Mac OS X 10.5 or newer (Apple)
- Internet access
- An updated version of one of the following web browsers: Internet Explorer (Windows only), Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Beginning June 5, 2017, you must use MFA to login to SSC. See below for instructions on how to set this up.
- Go to the USC Upstate homepage, click on current student and then click on the SSC icon (or go to https://my.sc.edu/)
- Find your VIP ID number that you received in your welcome packet
- Claim your SSC account by following these instructions
- If you are locked out of your SSC account or cannot remember your security questions, please contact Admissions. If you need to add a new phone to the Multifactor Authentication, go to https://my.sc.edu/multifactor/
- Logging in to SSC
- Resetting security questions
- Adding money to Carolina Card
- Sign up for emergency alerts
- Video Tutorials