Blackboard for Faculty
Blackboard is an online course delivery system where faculty can post announcements, course syllabi, assignments or other information for your students. Essentially, it is a mobile classroom that is accessible anywhere you have an Internet connection, so you can post assignments, communicate with your students and grade papers even if you are not on campus. Remember that Blackboard is operated by University Technlogy Services at USC Columbia. You can find tutorials and contact information for the UTS service desk in the Support section.
- Send important course-related announcements/communication
- Grade papers
- Publish course-related videos and lectures
- Post assignments and tests online
- Communicate with students
- Post direct links to library information and databases
- Upload course-related documents and syllabi
- VoiceThread. See here for more information
All faculty and staff.
This service is free to any faculty or staff member at USC Upstate.
- Windows 7 or newer (PC)
- Mac OS X 10.5 or newer (Apple)
- Internet access
- See here for web browser requirements
To use Blackboard you must obtain your USC network username and password, which is different from your USC Upstate login, by following the instructions here. Newly hired faculty who are not in the system but need immediate access to Blackboard can request a temporary login by following the instructions here.
- Set your Blackboard password in Self Service Carolina.
- Once you have set your password you should be able to login to Blackboard through SSC, on the "Faculty and Staff" section of the USC Upstate homepage or by going directly to blackboard.sc.edu.
- Once successfully logged in, you will see your "My USC" screen with a list of all the courses you take or teach.
- Remember: your Blackboard password will expire every six months and must be reset using the steps above.
- On Demand Learning Center
- Blackboard Quick Tutorials Library
- Help and Reminders from Dr. Tom Davis
- How do I update my Blackboard email address?
- UTS Service Desk
- Blackboard Connections
If you require more in depth support, contact Blackboard Support in Columbia: