blackboard for students
Blackboard is an online course delivery system where your instructors may post announcements, course syllabi, assignments or other information. Essentially, it is a mobile classroom that is accessible any where you have an Internet connection, so you can take full advantage of your education even if you are not on campus.
- Blackboard now has VoiceThread installed, allowing you to share content in a variety of formats. See here for more information
- Important course-related announcements/communications
- Review your grades
- Access course-related videos and lectures
- Submit assignments and take tests online
- Communicate with instructors and classmates
- Access direct links to library information and databases
- Access to course related documents and syllabi
- All students who are currently enrolled or have taken classes in the past year
This service is free to any student at USC Upstate.
- Windows 7 or newer (PC)
- Mac OS X 10.5 or newer (Apple)
- Internet access
- One of the following web browsers: Internet Explorer 11+ or Edge 20+ (Windows only), Firefox 31+, Google Chrome 36+, Safari 6+ (Mac only)
To use Blackboard you must obtain your USC network username and password, which is different from your USC Upstate login, by following the steps below:
- Click on the following link: http://my.sc.edu/apps/username
- Login to Self Service Carolina
- Next to your network username, click on "Manage Password"
- Once you have created a new password you should be able to login to Blackboard through the "Current Students" section of the USC Upstate homepage or by going directly to https://blackboard.sc.edu
- Once successfully logged in you will be presented with your "My USC" screen with a list of all your courses on the right side.
- Remember: your Blackboard password will expire every 6 months and must be reset in SSC using the steps above.
- How do I reset my Blackboard password in Self Service Carolina?
- How do I update my Blackboard email address?
- How to export a blog from Blackboard?
- How to allow Blackboard chat in Java?
- Introduction to Blackboard (video)
- Blackboard login instructions (video)
- Discussion board participation (video)
- More support tutorials can be found on the Blackboard website
If you require more in depth support please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com and we will forward your request to the appropriate technician.