According to their website, Respondus is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to Blackboard, and other learning systems. Exams can be created offline using a familiar Windows environment, or moved from one Learning Management System to another. Whether you are a veteran of online testing or relatively new to it, Respondus will save you hours on each project.
- Distinct user environments for Blackboard
- Create exams and assessments offline using a Windows interface
- Supports up to 15 question types
- Import questions from Microsoft Word
- Access to thousands of Respondus-compatible publisher test banks
- Create several versions of the same test - students sitting next to each other will have a different versions with questions in a different order
- The Respondus LockDown Browser will also be available to all faculty and students through Blackboard
Respondus LockDown Browser™ is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Blackboard. When students use Respondus LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. When an assessment is started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading. Available for both Windows and Mac.For an introduction to Respondus LockDown Browser, see the demo movie here.
Important Notice: Respondus LockDown Browser will not work with Read & Write Gold or other screen reading software. If you need to send a test to a student with special needs, please contact Disabilities Services at (864) 503-5199 before using the LockDown Browser for the test.
All faculty members who have a need for it and students taking a test in the LockDown Browser.
This software is free to all faculty. To have the software installed or obtain an updated license code, please contact the Help Desk.